Thursday, January 1, 2009

What are your goals for 2009?

OK, today of all days seems like a good time to get this blog up and going again. What does everyone think? Should we try this again or are we all too busy?

Have you set New Years Resolutions? And if so, does one of those resolutions having anything to do with eating better, working out more, and losing weight?

I'll be honest, I haven't made resolutions this year, but losing weight is always something I want to do--whether I'm successful or not, that's another story. But now that my ankle is starting to feel better, I'm making an effort to work out. I've jogged three days this week (including today) and it's been nice to get moving again--even if I'm moving slowly.

Eating right? That's another story. With the holidays I've had more candy, more ice cream, more pizza. But I could do worse. I know in years past Eric and I loaded up on junk food and spent Christmas day and the week leading up to New Years doing nothing but eating. (One year we had nuts, cookies, chocolate, hot chocolate, candy--you name it--in our stockings. We ate and ate and ate...)

I've decided my goal isn't going to be a certain weight or percent of weight loss, but rather a goal to work out a minimum of 3 days a week--for a minimum of 30 minutes.

What are your goals for 2009?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I was very sad when I realized that I am up 10 lbs. since last January first. So my goal is to get back to my favorite weight, which is about 145-150. That is about 20 lbs. that needs to be lost. So, starting yesterday I am counting calories using fitday.com and I'm trying to work out regularly. My biggest stumbling block is getting enough sleep and planning ahead for meals...so I'm working on those as well. I'm excited to start this blog up again.

Beverly said...

I think we should try this blog again. I lost 5 lbs and want to keep it off. Unfortunately, I lost the weight the hard way (food poisoning). I've set a goal to lose 10 pounds by my birthday.

Russ said...

Here are my fitness goals for 2009:

1) Run another marathon. This is the fitness goal I most want to accomplish in 2009.

2) Run 500 miles in 2009. This is to keep myself from accomplishing goal #1 with too little or no training.

3) Body-for-2009. I hope to do a modified Body-for-LIFE diet/exercise program for all of 2009, or at least until I lose 20-25 pounds (I'm back up over 200). Mainly, I just need to lose weight if I don't want to injure myself trying to accomplish goal #1 and #2.

Rita said...

My 2009 goals...or rather my goals for the year 2009:
1. Match the ounces of DDP I drink with water ounces--soooo pathetic but it will be a giant change for me and a good one.
2. Run the Striders Training series--5K, 10K, 10M, 1/2 mara., and 18K.
3. Run 2 Runners' Series races in St. George to avoid SGM lottery.
4. Run SGM.
5. Run Ogden--jury out on 1/2 or full.
6. No longer be able to wear the skirt I wore on Sunday...yep, I'm back in my fat clothes...I gotta get out of them!

bdz132 said...

My fitness goals for 2009:
* Stay below 190 pounds most of the year. Currently I am between 195 and 200.
* Do well in my basketball leagues. I'm in great shape and the top scorer on both the Elders team and the 35-and-over team.
* Run a marathon with Rita. We are planning on doing SGM. We can avoid the lottery by doing one more St. George race.