Monday, January 5, 2009

Which Marathon?

I just read the comment by Russ that said his #1 goal for this year is to run another marathon. I too would like to run another marathon this year AND I would like to train for it as well.

This month (well, and future months too) I am focusing on losing weight rather than just running. I have been counting calories and going to aerobics (MWF) and running on the other days. I have lost 2 lbs. so far, but I need to lose about 20.

But here's the real question: Which marathon are you wanting to run this year Russ (and anyone else who is reading this and running one)? I know that B&R signed up for the runner's series for SGM, but I didn't. So are you going to do the lottery for St. George or try something different?

I would like to do Top of Utah again. Anyone interested?

5 comments:

Russ said...

I hadn't decided on a marathon yet, but I was thinking about SGM, TOU, or Utah Valley. If B&R are planning on doing SGM, we could enter the lottery together and if we get picked, train for SGM, if we don't, train for TOU.

I'm with you, I want to do whatever the majority of us can run.

Andrea said...

What is Utah Valley Marathon? Sounds interesting...

Russ said...

Here's what I know: It's June 13th. It appears that the course goes along the Provo River trail, starting at South Fork and ending near Utah Lake (Footprinter's Park). It's $50, if paid before May 10th. And it's part of the Utah Grand Slam this year (not that I'm going to try to run the Slam).

I don't know who organizes it, but if it's Curt (who does the Provo Half), that may be a deal breaker for me.

Here's the website: http://utahvalleymarathon.com/

If others are interested, I'd be game for running two marathons this year, Utah Valley and either SGM or TOU, since they are a few months apart.

Russ said...

Here's a discussion on ForumFlyers about Utah Valley: http://www.forumflyers.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4198247

It sounds like there were some problems last year with it, but based on the responses people have posted from the organizer, I can safely say that it is not Curt. :)

Eric said...

I'm glad we're using this blog to encourage each other to reach our goals! Unfortunately I will NOT be running a marathon this year. Let me be honest: I'm lucky if I can jog 30 minutes without stopping let alone 26.hell miles! But I'm a huge supporter of all your marathon endeavors. Keep me posted!