Monday, June 22, 2009

Trying again.

Today is another one of my Monday tries. I ran 3 slow miles this morning and have promised to "work out" with Todd tonight. I've already been tempted by a gas station doughnut and yesterday's cookies. Though I haven't given in, I'm already discouraged. Why is rotten-for-you food so yummy?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was doing so great until you pawned off those rice krispies onto me!!

Eric said...

I'm eating ice cream as I read this so I'm the last person to judge!

Beverly said...

Come to Peru! I guarantee you'll lose weight because you won't dare eat anything. Yesterday, I took my size 16 skirts in 2 inches! Yippee!

Scott said...

Beverly might think it's easy to lose weight here, but I don't. Food is cheap, plentiful, and deliscious. The hot rolls from the nearby bakery are wonderful (especially with peanut butter and jam) and practically free. The avocados are luscious and practially free. The hot breakfast cereals (which I mix with raisins and nuts) are excellent tasting and practially free. The candies (especially chocolate-covered almonds and chocolate covered raisins) are very good and practically free.

I have lost maybe 10 pounds this year (down 24 pounds from when we got our mission call), but it hasn't been easy. After all, I gained 25-30 pounds during my first mission in Peru.