Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Stumble and Recovery

Yesterday I committed myself to a day without sweets.

But after lunch, and after a 4-mile run, I was still hungry, so without thinking (typical), I grabbed a piece of Andrea's Oreo cookie cake and some ice cream and hogged them down.

But here's the good news: I recovered. I ate a light dinner, in spite of Beverly's marvelous, delicious chicken quesadillas (I limited myself to a half of one).

Even at the Empty Nesters FHE, I had only the vegetables and not the peach cobbler and ice cream. At home afterwards, I turned down the luscious root beer floats.

My reward: I was down a half pound from the day before.

If I'm going to lose weight, I have to learn and apply this one lesson: If you slip, you don't need to keep slipping the rest of the day. When you stumble, you can recover.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Unfortunately, poor eating is just like other addictions. It takes constant discipline to eat right, and one weak moment can potentially undo all the hard work. Good for you, you didn't let it!