- I don't have to eat the food my kids don't finish
- Just because my kids snack, doesn't mean I need that extra handful of fishy crackers
- Just because Nate can eat whatever he wants, doesn't mean I can
- I can, believe it or not, live without candy (been without it for 14 days now)
- If I mess up, I don't have to throw in the towel and give up (see the previous post from dad)
- I don't have to work out every single day to lose weight (I've been averaging 3-4x a week)
- I like carrots dipped in fat free ranch dressing
- Leaving some "extra" calories available for a cookie or a piece of cake helps (oh, and I don't have to eat a dozen to be "satisfied")
- Cooking dinner everynight, and eating early, is the key to my success
- Going to bed STARVING is my new way of life
Sunday, November 15, 2009
A Goal
Three weeks ago I started taking this weight loss thing seriously. I've been counting calories everyday. Rather than get overwhelmed with the total amount of weight I needed to loose, I broke it down into smaller sections. I set a Thanksiving weight goal and a Christmas weight goal. Both goals were very realistic. Today, about a week and a half before Thanksgiving, I met my Thanksgiving goal weight. It was motivating to see that number and I'm committed to keep going. I know it will be hard with the upcoming holidays, so here's what I have to remember to get my Christmas goal:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations on reaching your goal early! I like the idea of setting short term goals. I had a nice surprise this morning. I stepped on the scale and it said I had lost 4 pounds since my recent trip to Montana. I guess eating every meal with Scott has really paid off:)
Eric, are you saying that my cooking is so bad that it helps you lose weight? :)
Congrats, Andrea! I love you set of ideas that help you not over-eat. The only ones I would add--and these are hard ones for me:
--Just because you pay for the food (e.g., at a resturant) doesn't mean you have to eat it all.
--Just because the food is free (e.g., at a ward or work party) doesn't mean you have to eat it all.
Those are all great goals. I really struggle with this one of Dad's: "Just because the food is free doesn't mean you have to eat it all." My work will frequently have free candy... it's tough enough to resist the temptation to buy candy. But when it's free? Forget about it.
Post a Comment