Saturday, October 4, 2008

Checking In

This week I completed week 6 of the 8-week beginner's running program (which means I work out on average at least 30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week). After starting the runner's program I lost 2 lbs. When I didn't lose weight the next two weeks I had a night of complaining and feeling depressed about my weight loss--or lack thereof--and decided to give up!

But the next day--September 22--I decided to get serious. Since then I've used Calorie Count everyday--with varied results (http://caloriecount.about.com/). Some days I meet my 1200 - 1500 calorie intake goal and some days I don't (the day lunch was provided at work I was well over 2500 calories!). But it's helpful for me to keep track so I know how I'm doing and don't get too out of control.

I haven't cut out the candy/ice cream all together, but I'm trying to use more self-control. (I try and follow one of the tips I posted below and hold on to the wrapper of the candy I eat. By doing this I'm more aware of what I've had and I'm less likely to eat more candy.) Since I started counting my calories again I've lost another 1.5 lbs.

How's everyone else doing? (I know there's been some 'backsliding', have the new changes helped?)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Losing weight--as the saying goes--is like playing Chutes and Ladders. Some days you climb up, some days you slide back. But you only lose if you quite playing the game.

So yes, some of us have been slipping lately, but we're back at it, climbing the ladder to successful weight loss.

Way to go, Sheri!