Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Hard to Stay On Track...

When You're On Vacation...

Normally when we take long trips we load up on snack and candy. Our trip to Utah this time was a little different. I didn't buy any candy, cookies, or snacks--other then chips (and then we opted for the lower-fat alternative). We stopped at the park to have lunch, instead of eating out, and I planned to bring lots of fruit (but was running behind and forgot). I also brought my workout clothes and running shoes.

So today I made a point of getting on my parents treadmill. I'll admit, this wasn't easy. Eric and I have a new treadmill set up in front of the TV and I set the speed on the treadmill and mindlessly jog through my workout. Here--not so much. I struggled to find a good pace, the basement was hot, and the treadmill smaller then mine. BUT I did it....

And then I went to my brother-in-law's and it all went down hill from there. Candy and pizza. That's all I ate today. I imagine I probably gained back the 5 lbs I've lost over the past 6 weeks.

So much for counting calories! I had been religiously updating my calorie count, but when on vacation it's hard to maintain this practice--and I'd be SCARED to find out how many calories I consumed! Why is it so much easier to gain then it is to lose??!!

No comments: