I haven't checked in for several weeks. I'm happy to hear others are successful in the weight loss quest! In an attempt to drop some weight this week I began The Runner's World 8-Week Beginning Runner's Training Program (http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-380-381--9397-2-1X5-3,00.html). This was my first week on the 'program' and I think I did OK. I did 5 of the 6 workouts and don't feel overly sore. My next step is to add weight training to my workout--I know in the past this really helped with my weight loss.
One challenge I am facing is the weekend. Inevitably I gain back the weight I lose during the week. To stop this, it'll mean I have to stop impulse shopping when I go to the store (I buy a package of Nutter Butter cookies and eat them all in two days!). One change I've made as well is eating popcorn (98% fat free) when I get home from work instead of ice cream. Hopefully some of these small changes over the last week will help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the link Sheri.
I did pretty well this week as far as working out goes.
Monday: 14 miles (meant to be 18 but got rained out)
Tues: aerobics class 60 minutes
Wednesday: aerobics 60 minutes
Thursday: ran 3 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: 5.6 miles (was supposed to be 18 miles but tripped, fell, scraped my knees/hand/hip, and then passed out.
I haven't lost any weight at all.
Wow, Sheri! I love that you're becoming a runner!
I'm now down from 222 lb to 208 lb, a 14 lb drop. I'm a bit over 1/4 the way to my goal of 180 lb (a 42 lb drop).
I ended up run/walking only three times this week but I did do a two-mile walk with Beverly on Saturday and then a 4-mile run afterwards on my own. I felt great. I also started strength training in a serious way this week.
My goal this weekend--yes, Sheri, weekends are TERRIBLE!--is to eat light meals and eat nothing in between, except for frozen grapes and water.
It's just so hard psychologically and emotionally to get started and to continue a weight-loss program. I'm praying (literally) that I can keep it going. I feel that I need to be in tip-top shape to achieve my goal of going on several missions during my retirement years.
Post a Comment