Monday, July 14, 2008

Calorie-Count.com

I know Fitday.com is a popular website for the calorie counters, but when I started counting calories I started using Calorie-Count.com instead. I thought I'd share two of the tools I used often--and need to begin using again:
  1. Allowance: Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight. In this tool, you answer several basic questions including current weight, target weight and activity level and then you can either enter a goal date for 'target weight' or leave the goal date blank and a goal date will be assigned. The nice thing about this feature is that you are able to determine if your goal is realistic--keeping in mind the 1 lb a week rule. It also tells you the number of calories you should eat in order to reach this goal.
  2. Recipes. This tool you use to analyze recipes for which you may not have the calories or nutritional information for. You enter in a recipe and number of servings in the boxes provided and then 'analyze' that recipe. The tool then gives you the calories and nutritional information for said recipe.

I'm not familiar with Fitday.com so it may include similar features. For me, to be successful counting calories online I had to find a website that I liked. I think that's the key: finding what works and then somehow sticking to it.

No comments: