I've decided that part of my problem is that I'm not prepared. It isn't so much that I need to eat heathier dinners, it's that I need to just eat dinner. Plain and simple. I don't prepare ahead, so I don't cook, so we either go out to eat or I snack all night long. On the days I work I'm so hungry by the time I get home that I just eat, eat, eat little stuff that adds up, but never a meal. On my days off, I have no idea what to cook so we just find stuff around the house. So, I've set my goal for this week (and weeks to come) to plan a menu and to follow it. I'm not even saying that everything has to be super healthy or low-fat, but I think it will help to eat dinner and close down the kitchen.
I made a list of all the foods my family will eat and that I know how to cook:
Hamburgers
Sloppy Joes
Tacos
Taco ring
Navajo Tacos
BBQ chicken
Orange cashew chicken
Sweet and sour chicken on rice
Chicken fingers
Chicken pot pie
Apricot chicken
Chicken and broccoli bake
Dirty chicken
Easy Cheesy crockpot chicken
Enchiladas
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Hawaiian haystacks
Spaghetti with chicken or hamburger
Lasana
Beef and mozzarella bake
Pasta in tomato cream sauce
Penne with tomato sauce
Pizza
Cream of wild rice chicken soup
Potato soup
Potato bar
Tuna sandwiches
Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches
Turkey sandwiches on French break
French toast
Pancakes
Waffles
Eggs/toast
My goals for this week:
-Make my meal menu and follow it
-Count calories (this has been my hardest and for some reason I just can't do it!)
-Exercise 4x (this has been my easiest and have been doing it but it alone hasn't helped me lose weight)
I'll check back in and let you all know how it goes. Any other ideas for food?
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm impressed by the list. I don't think I would have that many meal options. I'm at work for dinner and so normally I take a frozen Lean Cuisine meal. Makes it easy to count my calories. But I struggle with lunch before I go into work. I'm normally in a hurry and end up eating an individual sized frozen pizza. I looked at the calories today--450! Whoa, that won't work anymore.
This is really a great idea. The starve-and-binge method wreaks havoc with one's diet. Beverly and I have consistenly had wonderful, healthy dinners every evening for the past three weeks. It has really helped.
Here in St. George, Beverly made some absolutely deliscious calzones, all low fat with low-cal ingredients, and for another dinner, some tuna with rice and vegetables. I did grilled potatoes and grilled barbequed chicken strips for dinner last night.
Another thing that's helped us is that we've gone off aspartame sweetener, which some people believe stimulated hunger and other believe causes irregular heart rate! Maybe it's just psychological that it has helped, but what do we care?
An excellent idea and an excellent list of foods.
I'm copying and pasting that list for myself right now. Good job.
Post a Comment